Before going ahead and investing in a personal trainer or nutrition coach, it’s a good idea to sit through a consultation with your prospective coach first. Most initial consultations can cost anywhere between $50-$200 on average depending on who you plan on visiting and if you’re lucky, a lot of gyms and studios might offer a free consultation as part of a promotion. The initial fee is a small price to pay to make sure that you’re going with the appropriate coach for you; plus you usually get a lot of useful information regarding your health in the process.
What can I expect?
There are many variations when it comes to an initial fitness consultation so I am going to stick with what you can expect from us at Custom-Fit Wellness. A general 60 minute consultation may look like this:
- Intake Forms - We like to send intake forms for you to fill out in advance so that we can make the best use of our time together when you come in and see us. The forms generally include a PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire), Client Health History and depending on what your needs and goals are, we select questionnaires related to your requirements that will help give us a better idea of who you are.
- Client/Coach Interview – When we meet, we will sit down and discuss the information that you have provided to us in advance through the intake forms. We want to make this more like a coffee discussion where we can get to know who you are and how we might be able to help. On the contrary we expect questions from you as well. You should also be interviewing us to make sure that we can make a great team!
- Basic Assessment – Once we have had the chance to determine what your needs and goals are, we will perform a basic assessment that will include:
- Weight, BMI & body fat percentage
- 3 key girth measurements
- Blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory rate
- Postural & gait assessment
- Functional movement evaluation
- Clinical Impression – After collecting this initial data, we can give you a general idea of where your current health status is and what we feel are the most important areas to address first.
- Suggested Plan of Action – We will discuss a brief idea of how to begin your approach at the end of the consultation, and send you a more thorough plan of action once we compile all of our findings. Once you receive your plan, you can choose how you would like to proceed.
How much does it cost?
Our 60 minute consultation fee is $90 plus applicable taxes.
Ready to book your consultation? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability or if you have any questions or feedback.